Argentum is rare, secure, and unique. We believe in scalable, decentralized, censorship-resistant, immutable blockchains.
Argentum was created in June 2013: Argentum is designed to be a rare commodity that is not only easily and quickly transferable, but gains value over time. The innovation doesn't end there, Argentum is the first crypto-currency to increase transaction processing capabilities over those of Bitcoin. We wanted to create the first cryptographic currency with almost unlimited scalability; Argentum features 10MB max block size. Even more exciting, our latest update will enable Lyra2REv2, Myr-Groestl, Argon2d, and Yescrypt mining for a total of 6 mining algorithms! This will happen around March 13th 2018 at block 2,977,000
We want Argentum to be a long-term stable investment. We will strive to provide an alternative for people who would like diversification into less risky crypto-currency.
Blocks are discovered every 45 seconds on average, and fully confirmed every 4.5 minutes (6 confirmations.) 64 Million Argentums will be mined; once this limit is reached, it is increased by 1.1% annually, the average rate of human population growth.
Here is a list of a few past and present goals. Updated 2/2018
- Mining diversification - adding Lyra2REv2, Myr-Groestl, Argon2d, and Yescrypt
- Coinvault.io (We are now live on Coinvault.io)
- Electrum Client Still a work in progress.
- Coinomi mobile wallet (Completed, 9/7/2016, awaiting merge from Coinomi
- Bitsquare.io (done)
- Merchant integration (LocalBitcoinCash.org on 2/24/2018)
- Website: http://www.argentum.io
- Official forum thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1432608.0
- Official forum thread: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/50052-argentum-arg/
- Subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/argentumproject
- Block explorers: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/arg/
- Slack channel: https://argentumproject.slack.com
- IRC: IRC webchat
- Twitter: Argentum_ARG on Twitter
What can I do?
Please help us spread the word about this project in the crypto community!
We need more developers, website designers, people who can write for Argentum. Please let us know what are your skills and how you would like to contribute.
Please contact your favorite pools for Argentum addition, or feel free to start your own pool!
With the release of Argentum 4.14.3 you can join P2Pool to mine Lyra2REv2, Myr-Groestl, Argon2d, and Yescrypt: Customized software here https://github.com/protonn/p2pool-argentum
We have a few mining pools supporting Argentum: